PET / FCE / CAE Test Prep Course Description
ELC’s Cambridge Exam Preparation courses will enable you to make progress in your general English ability while developing skills and techniques for exam success. All students start and finish the courses at the same time as well as take the test on the same day. Because of this, our students have a high level of motivation and focus and work together as a team. To help achieve this, we organise special mock test prep sessions in January, March and May to prepare our students for the actual Cambridge exams.
Why do a Cambridge Exam Preparation Course?
- Get an internationally recognised certificate from Cambridge university which can help facilitate university entrance.
- Very experienced Cambridge teachers and qualified examiners – all of our teachers have completed the Cambridge Teacher Certification Program.
- 100% Student Pass Rate on the Cambridge PET and FCE Exams in 2018-2019.
- ELC is an approved Exams Catalunya Preparation Centre for the Cambridge English Exams.
Preliminary English Test (PET) for Schools
PET for Schools is an intermediate level examination open to students ages 11 and older. It indicates that you have practical skills for everyday communication in English. It also shows that you can read simple textbooks and articles in English, write letters and emails on familiar subjects. For many students it is the logical first step towards other Cambridge examinations such as FCE.
First Certificate in English (FCE)
FCE is an upper-intermediate level examination open to students ages 13 to 18. It is recognized by universities and employers throughout the world. You can communicate effectively in most social and travel situations. You can use a wide range of grammatical structures. Your range of vocabulary is sufficient to express yourself clearly.
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
CAE is an advanced level examination. It recognises the ability to communicate with confidence in English in most everyday situations, including work and academic contexts. Students who pass the CAE can communicate fluently in social, travel and work situations. They have good operational command of English using an extensive range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures effectively.
These classes teach and practise the skills needed to do well in all parts of the exam:
- Speaking and Listening
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Extensive exam practice and tips
- October 2019 – June 2020
- 25 sessions on Saturdays from 10am – 2pm (100 hours)
- 57 sessions on Monday/Wed. from 6:00-7:30pm (85.5 hours)
- Maximum 12
Student Support and Success
- Personalised study plan and regular tutorials
- Weekly assigned homework for extra practice
- Cambridge coursebook
- Regular progress tests and practice exams
- Additional support if needed