PET and FCE Test Prep Course Description
ELC’s Cambridge Exam Preparation courses will enable you to make progress in your general English ability while developing skills and techniques for exam success. All students start and finish the courses at the same time as well as take the test on the same day. Because of this, our students have a high level of motivation and focus and work together as a team. To help achieve this, we also organise additional test prep sessions in May and June to prepare our students for the actual Cambridge exams.
Why do a Cambridge Exam Preparation Course?
- Get an internationally recognised certificate from Cambridge university which can help facilitate university entrance.
- Very experienced Cambridge teachers and qualified examiners – all of our teachers have completed the Cambridge Teacher Certification Program.
Preliminary English Test (PET) for Schools
PET for Schools is an intermediate level examination open to students ages 11 and older. It indicates that you have practical skills for everyday communication in English. It also shows that you can read simple textbooks and articles in English, write letters and emails on familiar subjects. For many students it is the logical first step towards other Cambridge examinations such as FCE.
First Certificate in English (FCE)
FCE is an upper-intermediate level examination open to students ages 13 to 18. It is recognized by universities and employers throughout the world. You can communicate effectively in most social and travel situations. You can use a wide range of grammatical structures. Your range of vocabulary is sufficient to express yourself clearly.
These classes teach and practise the skills needed to do well in all parts of the exam.:
- Speaking and Listening
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- Extensive exam practice and tips
- October 2019 – June 2020
- 25 sessions on Saturdays from 10am – 2pm (100 hours)
- 57 sessions on Monday/Wed. from 6:00-7:30pm (85.5 hours)
- Maximum 12
- Personalised study plan and regular tutorials
- Weekly assigned homework for extra practice
- Cambridge coursebook
- Regular progress tests and practice exams
- Additional support if you need it