ASB offers group English classes for Adults within our Weekday and Saturday English Programs taught by our highly experienced, engaging, native-speaking faculty.
These classes are designed to meet the needs of different language levels (i.e., beginners, intermediate and advanced) using dynamic instructional strategies to improve vocabulary, listening comprehension and expression. Classes will focus on active participation and oral communication in English. Grammar and language structures will be taught through exercises and didactic activities including discussion and debates about topics of interest. Above all, ASB’s Adult English classes will focus on improving pronunciation, vocabulary and fluidity to allow students to gain more confidence when speaking the language.
|ELC Adult Classes||Hours||Tentative Start Date||Tentative End Date|
|Weekday (Mon. and Wed.)||6:00-7:30PM||Oct. 2, 2019||May 20, 2020|
|Saturday||10-12PM or 12-2PM||Oct. 5, 2019||May 23, 2020|
HOW TO APPLY
- Start a New Application. You can apply by clicking here. Simply complete the online application form and then pay a deposit of 100€ (see below).
- Deposit. Applications require a deposit of 100€ with the application to be marked as complete. This is deducted from the total tuition upon acceptance and is non-refundable. Details about payment of the deposit are outlined below.
- Language Level Testing. Adults who have studied English for less than a year will be placed directly in our Adult Beginners class. Intermediate and advanced level students will take a language level test on the first day of class to determine their class placement. The test will last approximately 1 hr. and help us to determine each student’s current level in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing, in order to create class groupings.
- Admission Department Review. Our admissions department carefully reviews the completed application on a case-by-case basis and contacts students in the order in which they’ve applied. Admissions decisions are typically sent by email within one week of receipt of a completed application. A completed application consists of two parts: a completed online application form and the 100€ deposit. Please note that an application will not be considered complete until both of these items have been received.
- If a class is cancelled due to low enrollment levels, students will be notified as soon as possible, and the 100€ deposit will be returned.
TUITION AND FEES
|ELC Adult Classes||Hours/Week||Full Amount of Tuition Fee (includes 100€ deposit)||1st half tuition payment due (includes 100€ deposit)||2nd half tuition payment due|
|Weekday (Mon. and Wed.) 2019-2020||3||1060€ (2)||530€ by Sept. 13, 2019||530€ by Jan. 31, 2020|
|Saturday 2019-2020||2||705€ (3)||355€ by Sept. 13, 2019||350€ by Jan. 31, 2020|
(2) This comprehensive fee for the Weekday 2019-2020 program includes: all tuition and instruction (57 sessions/85.5 hours) and all books and materials.
(3) This comprehensive fee for the Saturday 2019-2020 program includes: all tuition and instruction (25 sessions/50 hours) and all books and materials.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
The 100€ deposit and subsequent tuition payments can be made by sending a wire transfer to our bank account. Please be sure to include adult student’s name(s) in the “concept” window and email us a copy of your bank receipt to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee entry in our program without this deposit.:
|Name of our bank:||“La Caixa”|
|Swift Code:||CAIXES BB XXX|